Thursday, April 15, 2021

Final Year Project CS259

 Assalamualaikum.

On my 5th semester, we are required to start looking for lecturer supervisor and a topic for the upcoming Final Year Project (FYP). Alhamdulillah, both of them were settled. Big thanks to all lecturers for guiding us in finding the right and suitable topics for our FYP.

The project I will be working on is Sign Language Detection.

Sign languages are languages that use visual-manual modality to convey meaning. This project aims to recognize hand gestures or pose and convey the meaning behind it to help deaf people to communicate easily and more effectively with normal people.

Based on my small research on the Internet, there are a lot of people who have done this project. However, most of them focused on recognizing letters/ alphabets through the folded and unfolded fingers.

Therefore, my supervisor advised me to improve the feature by having the system to be able to recognize hand gestures/pose to convey actual words or meaning instead of recognizing a single letter.

For the time being, this is only what I had in my mind. I will update my FYP progress from time to time. I am writing this on 16th April 2021, not knowing if I could actually complete my FYP. I'll update here again if I succeed in completing them!


Thank you.

No comments: